Image Map

Saturday 29 March 2014

The Great Buddha Hunt

So I have always been drawn to some of the principles of Buddhism and last summer I was determined to find the perfect Buddha statue for my room. The statue would be a reminder of some of the teachings that appeal to me. I had laid my eyes on the most beautiful statue and had it stuck in my head that I would find the perfect one. Every Sunday for about 2 months I would meet my good friend for a coffee and we would browse about the stores. She was the first hand witness to the start of The Great Buddha Hunt.
I began to look everywhere, but none were right. She looked everywhere. We would message each other all the time - 'oh found one but it's not quite right' or 'saw one but it wasn't your colour'. And after much searching she found it. I was so excited! She gave it to me and I brought it into my space, it fit perfectly. Then one afternoon my Dad and I were talking and I said "oh, look at the buddha my friend gave me" ... he responds ... "you mean temple god" and we bicker back and forth for a bit, until I finally admit that 'The Great Buddha Hunt' was really NOT! How embarrassing!!! How can I respect Buddha and mixed him with temple gods?? So now I have a temple god, which is equally pleasant to have in my space. Here in lies my purpose for sharing today. Whatever you believe in, whether it be simplicity in universal karma, god, source, anything that you connect with - respect all other forms that people connect with. We all choose some way to live and if in doing that we are honouring our own unique path, we all deserve space and respect to do so. In our space of belief we must also respect ourselves and be open to what others belief. And in the end? Well, the beauty is, we've got a lot of freaking awesome people to learn and grow from and with. That's a pretty cool way to look at life. And in the real end? Well...let's see what Buddha believed:
note: my belief is there is no end and life is infinite - we'll meet again ;)
"In the end only three things matter; how much you loved, how gently you lived, and how gracefully you let go of things not meant for you."
- Buddha
The grace in that quote alone gives me shivers. Be love. Be gentle. Let go. <3
For the next week I am going to focus on identifying how this quote shows up in my life and look for any ways I can improve myself and I invite you to do the same...and let me know how it goes!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment